- Find out from our region’s elected representatives what’s going on in city, county, state and federal government to combat climate change, promote sustainable energy and protect our water, air and health.
- Learn from noted experts about the threats from fossil fuels to our local and regional environment.
- Catch up on some of the creative projects and practices that local elected officials have developed to promote sustainability in their communities.
- Hear a few of the real stories of local community activists who have organized to protect this region’s air, water and health and promote sustainable energy alternatives.
- Take the opportunity to get involved with local organizations who will be tabling at this event and will be looking for volunteers to sign on to projects to promote a sustainable energy future and protect the air, water, and health of the people of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Elected Leaders Committed to Speaking PA State Senator Jay Costa PA State Representative Dan Frankel PA State Representative-Elect Summer Lee Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald Allegheny County Councilman Paul Klein Representation from the Office of Mayor William Peduto, City of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh City Councilman Corey O’Connor Pittsburgh City Councilwoman Erika Strassburger Forest Hills Borough Councilwoman Patty De Marco
TABLING ORGANIZATIONS— GET INVOLVED AT THE EVENT! 350.org ACCAN (Allegheny County Clean Air Now) BCMAC (Beaver County Marcellus Awareness Community) Breathe Project Clean Air Council Communities First Food and Water Watch GASP (Group Against Smog and Pollution) League of Women Voters Mom’s Clean Air Force Bend The Arc No Petro PA North Braddock Residents for Our Future Our Children Our Earth Sierra Club Southwest PA Environmental Health Project Sustainable Monroeville Penn Future Marcellus Outreach Butler Re-Imagine Butler County
For more information: Rabbi Ron Symons [email protected] 412-339-5395.